NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. MANY WILL ENTER AND PLAY, FEW WILL WIN. A PURCHASE WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING.
1. Eligibility: Costco & Box Tops Golden Ticket Challenge (the "Instant Win Game") is open only to legal residents of the Fifty (50) United States and the District of Columbia who are at least eighteen (18) years old at the time of entry. In order to enter, you must be a member of BoxTops4Education.com. Registration is free. Your chosen school must be enrolled in the General Mills Box Tops for Education® Program (the "BTFE Program") for the 2013-2014 academic school year prior to your entry. If your school is not enrolled in the BTFE Program, call 1-888-799-2444 to enroll. Employees, officers, and representatives of General Mills Sales, Inc., Leader Enterprises, Inc., Costco, Inc., ePrize, Inc., as well as the immediate family (spouse, parents, siblings, and children) and household members of each such employee are not eligible. The Instant Win Game is subject to all applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations and is void where prohibited. Participation in the Instant Win Game constitutes your full and unconditional agreement to these Official Rules and Sponsor's and Administrator's decisions, which are final and binding in all matters related to the Instant Win Game. Winning a prize is contingent upon fulfilling all requirements set forth herein. The Box Tops for Education-eligible school ("BTFE-Eligible School") of winner's choice will receive the prize provided that it complies with the requirements set forth in the BTFE Program and these Official Rules. To be considered a BTFE-Eligible School, the school must be registered with the BTFE Program for the current academic school year prior to your entry. See www.boxtops4education.com for more details about the BTFE Program. Each BTFE-Eligible School participating in the Box Tops for Education program may earn up to, but not more than, $20,000 cash per year (beginning on March 2 of every year) from the Clip program. There are no maximum annual earning limits for schools for Bonus Box Tops credits or Bonus Box Tops. However, individual Bonus Box Tops programs may have independent consumer earning limits based on transactions or activities.
2. Sponsor: General Mills Sales, Inc., One General Mills Blvd, Minneapolis, MN 55440.Administrator: ePrize, Inc., One ePrize Drive, Pleasant Ridge, MI 48069.
3. Timing: The Instant Win Game begins on August 1, 2013 at 12:00 a.m. Eastern Time ("ET") and ends on August 31, 2014 at 11:59 p.m. ET (the "Promotion Period"). Administrator's computer is the official time-keeping device for the Instant Win Game.
4. How to Enter: During the Promotion Period, obtain a code. There are two (2) ways to obtain a code for the Instant Win Game:
a. Purchase Participating General Mills Cereals, Snack, Meals, Mixes, and Frozen products: During the Promotion Period, purchase specially-marked packages of the following products, from COSTCO, while supplies last:
Locate the Golden Ticket code on the product packaging ("Product Code") and have it available when you visit the URL listed below; or
b. Free Code: To obtain a Code without a purchase, use the following Code: HM5N3R (the "Free Code"). The Product Code and the Free Code shall be collectively referred to hereunder as the "Code" unless otherwise specifically stated as Product Code or Free Code. Once you obtain a Code, during the Promotion Period, visit www.costcogoldenticket.com (the "Website") and follow the links and instructions to proceed to the Instant Win Game area of the Website. Complete and submit the registration form in its entirety, including the Code where indicated and designate the BTFE-Eligible School you wish to receive the prize, subject to BTFE Program rules. Upon successful registration and inclusion of the Code, you will automatically receive one (1) Instant Win Game play for that day and proceed to the Instant Win Game page. Follow the links and instructions to play the Instant Win Game. The Instant Win Game results will be instantly displayed. Potential winners of the Instant Win Game will be provided directions for validation of a winning Code and redemption of the prize indicated. All potential winners are subject to verification before any prize will be awarded. Administrator is responsible for the functionality of the Instant Win Game.
Limit: Two (2) Instant Win Game plays per day and a total of twenty-four (24) Instant Win Game plays during the entire Promotion Period per person/per email address regardless of whether you submit a Free Code or Product Code. You may not enter more than two (2) Codes from any combination of the Product Code or Free Code per day. A "day" is understood to mean a calendar day during the Promotion Period between 12:00am ET and 11:59pm ET. You may submit the same Product Code up two (2) times during the Promotion Period. You are not permitted to share your email address for the purpose of registration or Instant Win Game play. Any attempt to obtain more than the stated number of plays by using multiple/different email addresses, identities, registrations and logins, or any other methods will void your plays and you may be disqualified. Use of any automated system to participate is prohibited and will result in disqualification. Sponsor is not responsible for lost, late, incomplete, invalid, unintelligible, or misdirected registrations, which will be disqualified. In the event of a dispute as to any registration or play, the authorized account holder of the email address used to register will be deemed to be the entrant or player. The "authorized account holder" is the natural person assigned an email address by an Internet access provider, online service provider, Internet service provider, or other organization responsible for assigning email addresses for the domain associated with the submitted address. Each potential winner may be required to show proof of being the authorized account holder. Proof is sufficient if so determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion.
5. ALL POTENTIAL WINNING PLAYS ARE SUBJECT TO VERIFICATION BY SPONSOR OR ADMINISTRATOR, WHOSE DECISIONS ARE FINAL AND BINDING. YOU ARE NOT A WINNER OF ANY PRIZE, EVEN IF THE INSTANT WIN GAME SHOULD SO INDICATE, UNLESS AND UNTIL YOUR ELIGIBILITY AND THE POTENTIAL WINNING PLAY HAVE BEEN VERIFIED AND YOU HAVE BEEN NOTIFIED THAT VERIFICATION IS COMPLETE. SPONSOR WILL NOT ACCEPT SCREEN SHOTS OR OTHER EVIDENCE OF WINNING IN LIEU OF ITS VALIDATION PROCESS. ANY PLAY THAT OCCURS AFTER THE SYSTEM HAS FAILED FOR ANY REASON IS DEEMED A DEFECTIVE PLAY, IS VOID, AND WILL NOT BE HONORED.
6. Instant Win Game Prize Selection and Verification of Potential Winners: Receiving a prize is contingent upon compliance with these Official Rules. Administrator is an independent judging organization whose decisions as to the administration and operation of the Instant Win Game and the selection of potential winners are final and binding in all matters related to the Instant Win Game. There will be three thousand (3,000) random, computer-generated winning times during the Promotion Period. If you are the first player to play the Instant Win Game at or after one of the randomly-generated times, you will be a potential instant winner of the prize indicated. If any potential winner cannot be contacted or if prize is returned as undeliverable, potential winner forfeits prize and Sponsor and Administrator will have no further obligation to such potential winner.
7. Prizes: THREE THOUSAND (3,000) INSTANT WIN GAME PRIZES: 100 Bonus Box Tops® to be awarded to the BTFE-Eligible School of winner's choice. Approximate Retail Value ("ARV"): $10. One (1) Bonus Box Top is worth one (1) Box Top, or $.10 to a BTFE-Eligible School. Bonus Box Tops will be credited to the chosen BTFE-Eligible School's account after confirmation of Instant Win Game winning status subject to these Official Rules and the BTFE Program guidelines available at www.boxtops4education.com. Individuals cannot redeem Bonus Box Tops® or Box Tops for cash. BTFE-Eligible Schools are responsible for all taxes and fees associated with prize receipt and/or use, if applicable. Sponsor reserves the right to substitute a prize for one of equal or greater value if the designated prize should become unavailable for any reason. TOTAL ARV OF ALL PRIZES: $30,000. Limit: One (1) Instant Win Game prize per person.
8. Publicity: Except where prohibited, accepting a prize in the Instant Win Game constitutes your consent to Sponsor's use of your name, likeness, photograph, voice, opinions, biographical information, hometown, and state for promotional purposes in any media without further payment or consideration.
9. General Conditions: Sponsor reserves the right to cancel or modify the Instant Win Game if fraud, technical failures, or any other factor beyond Sponsor's reasonable control impairs the integrity of the Instant Win Game, as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion. In such event, Sponsor reserves the right to award the prizes in a random drawing from among the eligible Instant Win Game plays received up to the time of the impairment. Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual it finds to be tampering with the entry process or the operation of the Instant Win Game, or to be acting in violation of the Official Rules of this or any other promotion, or in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner. Any attempt by any person to deliberately damage any website or undermine the legitimate operation of the Instant Win Game is a violation of criminal and civil law, and, should such an attempt be made, Sponsor reserves the right to seek damages from any such person to the fullest extent permitted by law. Sponsor's failure to enforce any term of these Official Rules shall not constitute a waiver of that provision.
10. Release: By receipt of any prize, you and your designated BTFE-Eligible School agree to release and hold harmless Sponsor, Leader Enterprises, Inc., Costco Inc., ePrize, Inc., and any promotional partners, each of their parent, subsidiary, affiliate, and related companies, and each of its and their respective officers, directors, employees, and agents (collectively the "Released Parties") from and against any losses, damages, rights, claim, or cause of action of any kind arising, in whole or in part, directly or indirectly, out of your participation in the Instant Win Game or resulting directly or indirectly, from your acceptance, possession, use, or misuse of any prize awarded in connection with the Instant Win Game, including without limitation personal injury, death, and/or property damage, as well as claims based on publicity rights, defamation, and/or invasion of privacy.
11. Limitations of Liability: The Released Parties are not responsible for: (1) any incorrect or inaccurate information, whether caused by those that enter the Instant Win Game, printing errors or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Instant Win Game; (2) technical failures of any kind, including, but not limited to malfunctions, interruptions, or disconnections in phone lines, or network hardware, or software; (3) unauthorized human intervention in any part of the entry process or the Instant Win Game; (4) technical or human error which may occur in the administration of the Instant Win Game or the processing of entries; or (5) any injury or damage to persons or property which may be caused, directly or indirectly, in whole or in part, from your participation in the Instant Win Game, or receipt, or use of any prize. If for any reason your Instant Win Game play is confirmed to have been erroneously deleted, lost, or otherwise destroyed or corrupted, your sole remedy is another entry in the Instant Win Game, if it is possible. If the Instant Win Game, or any part of it, is discontinued for any reason, Sponsor, in its sole discretion, may elect to hold a random drawing from among all eligible entries received up to the date of discontinuance for any or all of the prizes offered herein. No more than the stated number of prizes will be awarded. In the event that production, technical, seeding, programming, or any other reasons cause more than the stated number of prizes as set forth in these Official Rules to be available and/or claimed, Sponsor reserves the right to award only the stated number of prizes by a random drawing among all legitimate, un-awarded, eligible prize claims.
12. Disputes: You agree that: (i) any and all disputes, claims, and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Instant Win Game or any prizes awarded shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, and exclusively by the United States District Court for the Eastern District of Michigan (Southern Division) or the appropriate Michigan State Court located in Oakland County, Michigan; (ii) any and all claims, judgments, and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, including costs associated with entering this Instant Win Game but in no event attorneys' fees; and (iii) under no circumstances will you be permitted to obtain awards for and you hereby waive all rights to claim punitive, incidental, and consequential damages and any other damages, other than for actual out-of-pocket expenses, and any and all rights to have damages multiplied or otherwise increased. SOME JURISDICTIONS DO NOT ALLOW THE LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSION OF LIABILITY FOR INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, SO THE ABOVE MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation, and enforceability of these Official Rules, or your and Released Parties' rights and obligations in connection with the Instant Win Game, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the State of Michigan, without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules (whether of the State of Michigan or any other jurisdiction), which would cause the application of the laws of any jurisdiction other than the State of Michigan.
14. Winner List: For a winner list, visit http://bit.ly/VJSRVX. The winner list will be posted after winner confirmation is complete.
Box Tops for Education and associated words and designs are trademarks of General Mills, used with permission.
©2013 General Mills © 2013 ePrize, Inc. All rights reserved.