BE A BOX TOPS HERO™ SWEEPSTAKES AND GAMES
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED BY LAW. MANY WILL ENTER, FEW WILL WIN. A PURCHASE OR PAYMENT OF ANY KIND WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING.
1. Eligibility: Be a Box Tops Hero™ Sweepstakes and Games (the “Promotion”) is open only to legal residents of the fifty (50) United States and the District of Columbia who are of legal age of majority within their state of residence (18, except for Alabama and Nebraska where the legal age is 19, Mississippi where the legal age is 21) at the time of entry and who did not purchase any equipment for the purpose of entering the Sweepstakes ("entrant"). Your chosen school must be enrolled in the General Mills Box Tops for Education® Program (the “BTFE Program”) for the academic school year prior to your entry. If your school is not enrolled in the BTFE Program, call 1-888-799-2444 to enroll. Employees of General Mills Sales, Inc., Kimberly Clark Worldwide, Inc., Land O’Lakes, Inc., Société des produits Nestlé S.A. Vevey, Switzerland, S.C. Johnson and Son, Inc., Pactiv Corporation, Avery Dennison Corporation, The Clorox Company, Ford Motor Company, Hanesbrands, Inc., Boise, Inc., Growers Marketing, LLC, Nonpareil Corporation, ePrize, LLC, and any of their respective parent and affiliate companies as well as the immediate family (spouse, parents, siblings and children) and household members of each such employee are not eligible to win the Grand Prize (defined in 7 below). The Promotion is subject to all applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations and is void where prohibited. Participation in the Promotion constitutes entrant’s full and unconditional agreement to be bound by these Official Rules and Sponsor’s and Administrator's decisions, which are final and binding in all matters related to the Promotion. Winning the prize is contingent upon fulfilling all requirements set forth herein. The Promotion contains five (5) games, as set forth in the chart in 3 below (each a "Game") and a sweepstakes ("Sweepstakes").
The Box Tops for Education-eligible school (“BTFE Eligible School”) of winner's choice will only receive the prize as long as the designated school complies with the requirements set forth in these Official Rules. To be considered a BTFE-Eligible School the school must be registered with the BTFE Program for the current academic school year prior to entry. See www.boxtops4education.com for more details about the BTFE Program. Each eligible school participating in the Box Tops for Education program may earn up to, but not more than, $20,000 cash per year (beginning on March 2 of every year) from the Clip program. There are no maximum annual earning limits for schools for eBoxTops credits or Bonus Box Tops. However, individual eBoxTops programs may have independent consumer earning limits based on transactions or activities. Winner is responsible for all taxes and fees associated with prize receipt and/or use, if applicable.
2. Sponsor: General Mills Sales, Inc., One General Mills Blvd., Minneapolis, MN 55440. Administrator: ePrize, LLC, One ePrize Drive, Pleasant Ridge, MI 48069.
3. Timing: The Promotion begins on July 15, 2012 at 12:00:00 a.m. Eastern Time ("ET") and ends on March 1, 2014 at 11:59:59 p.m. ET (the "Promotion Period"). Each Game begins on the date listed in the chart below and ends at the end of the Promotion Period.
|Game||Start Date at (12:00:00 a.m. ET)|
|Box Tops Super Shopper||July 15, 2012|
|Box Tops Stack & Drop||July 15, 2012|
|Box Tops Match-Up||July 15, 2012|
|Box Tops Super Sleuth||January 1, 2013|
|Box Tops Fantastic Finder||January 1, 2013|
For the purposes of this Promotion, a day ("Day") is defined as a twenty-four hour period beginning at 12:00:00 a.m. ET and ending at 11:59:59 p.m. ET. Administrator's computer is the official time-keeping device for the Promotion.
4. How to Enter:
Limit: Each entrant may receive one (1) Sweepstakes entry per Day. Multiple entrants are not permitted to share the same email address. Any attempt by any entrant to obtain more than the stated number of entries/plays by using multiple/different email addresses, identities, registrations and logins, or any other methods will void that entrant's entries/plays and that entrant may be disqualified.
Use of any automated system to participate is prohibited and will result in disqualification. Released Parties (as defined in Section 9 below) are not responsible for lost, late, stolen, damaged, incomplete, invalid, un-intelligible, garbled, delayed or misdirected entries/plays, which will be disqualified. In the event of a dispute as to any entry/play, the authorized account holder of the email address used to register will be deemed to be the entrant. The “authorized account holder” is the natural person assigned an email address by an Internet access provider, online service provider or other organization responsible for assigning email addresses for the domain associated with the submitted address. A potential winner may be required to show proof of being an authorized account holder. For a copy of these Official Rules, please print them from the Website.
Tell A Friend Program: After you register or log in, you will be invited to submit the names and email addresses of up to three (3) friends who must be eligible to enter the Sweepstakes. Each person that you refer will receive an email notifying him or her about the Sweepstakes. You may only refer persons with whom you have an existing relationship. For each friend you refer with a valid email address, you will be given one (1) additional Sweepstakes entry up to a total of three (3) additional Sweepstakes entries per day during the Promotion Period.
5. Special Offer: 5 MILLION (5,000,000) SPECIAL OFFER PRIZES AVAILABLE: Five (5) eBoxTops to be awarded to the BTFE-Eligible School of a new member who registers for the Promotion between August 3, 2012 and September 15, 2012, while supplies last. A maximum of five million (5,000,000) eBoxTops may be distributed through the Special Offer. Special Offer recipients will receive a special link in their Box Tops Membership confirmation email and they must log in through the link in the email by October 1, 2012 to redeem their eBoxTops. If a Special Offer recipient fails to redeem the eBoxTops by October 1, 2012, the Special Offer will be void. Approximate Retail Value if all Prizes are awarded: $500,000
6. Sweepstakes Prize Selection: In order for a potential winner to be deemed an official winner, he/she must comply with all terms and conditions of these Official Rules, and winning is contingent upon fulfilling all requirements set forth herein. Administrator is an independent judging organization whose decisions as to the administration and operation of the Games and Sweepstakes and the selection of the potential winner is final and binding in all matters related to the Sweepstakes. Administrator will randomly select the potential winner, from all eligible entries received on or around March 3, 2014. The potential winner will be notified by email, mail or phone. By entering, entrants give their express permission to be contacted by Sponsor or Administrator by mail, email or telephone in connection with the Promotion. No prizes will be awarded to the individual entrants. Individuals cannot redeem eBoxTops for cash. Prizes will be awarded directly to schools in accordance with the Official Rules of the BTFE Program® available at www.boxtops4education.com.
7. Verification of Potential Sweepstakes Winner: If the potential winner cannot be contacted, or prize is returned as undeliverable, potential winner forfeits the prize. In the event that the potential winner is disqualified for any reason, or fails or refuses to claim his or her prize for any reason, or the prize is unclaimed, the prize will be forfeited and Sponsor will select an alternate winner by random drawing from among all remaining eligible entries. At least five (5) alternate drawings will be held after which the prize may, in Sponsor's sole discretion, remain un-awarded. Sponsor shall use best efforts to award the prize listed in these official rules. Acceptance of the prize shall constitute and signify winner’s agreement and consent that Sponsor and its designees may use the winner’s name, city, state, likeness, photo and/or prize information in connection with the Promotion for promotional, advertising or other purposes, worldwide, in any and all media now known or hereafter devised, including the Internet, without limitation and without further payment, notification, permission or other consideration, except where prohibited by law.
8. Sweepstakes Prize/Odds: ONE (1) SWEEPSTAKES GRAND PRIZE: 250,000 eBoxTops to be awarded to the BTFE-Eligible School of winner's choice. Approximate Retail Value: $25,000. Odds of winning the Sweepstakes prize depend on the number of eligible entries received during the Promotion Period. One (1) eBoxTops® credit is worth one (1) Box Top, or $.10 to a BTFE-Eligible School. eBoxTops® credits will be automatically submitted to the BTFE-Eligible School’s account after completion of the verification of winner. The eBoxTops® credit will be held in a “pending” status until payments are scheduled to be awarded according to the BTFE Program.
9. Publicity: Except where prohibited, participation in the Promotion constitutes winner's consent to Sponsor's use of winner's name, likeness, photograph, voice, opinions, hometown and state for promotional purposes in any media without further payment or consideration. (Tennessee residents need not consent to, or sign any, publicity release.)
10. Release: By receipt of the prize, the applicable winner and designated BTFE-Eligible School agree to release and hold harmless Sponsor, Kimberly Clark Worldwide, Inc., Land O’Lakes, Inc., Société des produits Nestlé S.A. Vevey, Switzerland, S.C. Johnson and Son, Inc., Pactiv Corporation, Avery Dennison Corporation, The Clorox Company, Ford Motor Company, Hanesbrands, Inc., Boise, Inc., Growers Marketing, LLC, Nonpareil Corporation, Administrator, and their respective subsidiaries, affiliates, suppliers, distributors, advertising/promotion agencies, and prize suppliers, and each of their respective parent and affiliate companies and each such company’s officers, directors, employees and agents (collectively, the “Released Parties”) from and against any losses, damages, rights, claim or cause of action of any kind arising, in whole or in part, directly or indirectly, out of participation in the Promotion or resulting directly or indirectly, from acceptance, possession, use, or misuse of the prize awarded in connection with the Promotion, including without limitation personal injury, death, and/or property damage, as well as claims based on publicity rights, defamation, and/or invasion of privacy.
11. General Conditions: Sponsor reserves the right to cancel, suspend and/or modify the Promotion, or any part of it, if any fraud, technical failures or any other factor beyond Sponsor’s reasonable control impairs the integrity or proper functioning of the Promotion, as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion. In such event, Sponsor reserves the right to award the Sweepstakes Prize and any Game awards at random from among the eligible entries received up to the time of the impairment. Sponsor, in its sole discretion, reserves the right to disqualify any individual it finds to be tampering with the entry process or the operation of the Promotion or to be acting in violation of these Official Rules or those of any other promotion or in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner and void all associated entries/plays. WARNING: Any attempt by any person to deliberately undermine the legitimate operation of the Promotion may be a violation of criminal and civil law, and, should such an attempt be made, Sponsor reserves the right to seek damages from any such person to the fullest extent permitted by law. Sponsor’s failure to enforce any term of these Official Rules shall not constitute a waiver of that provision.
12. Limitations of Liability: The Released Parties are not responsible for: (1) any incorrect or inaccurate information, whether caused by entrant, printing errors or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Promotion; (2) technical failures of any kind, including, but not limited to malfunctions, interruptions, or disconnections in phone lines or network hardware or software; (3) unauthorized human intervention in any part of the entry process or the Promotion; (4) printing, typographical, technical, computer, network or human error which may occur in the announcement of the prizes or in any Promotion-related materials; or (5) any injury or damage to persons or property which may be caused, directly or indirectly, in whole or in part, from entrant’s participation in the Promotion entrant’s downloading of any materials related to this Promotion, or receipt or use or misuse of the prize. If for any reason an entrant's entry is confirmed to have been erroneously deleted, lost, or otherwise destroyed or corrupted, entrant’s sole remedy is another entry in the Sweepstakes entry or Game play, provided that, if it is not possible to award another entry/play due to discontinuance of the Promotion, or any part of it, for any reason, Sponsor, in its sole discretion, may elect to hold a random drawing from among all eligible entries received up to the date of discontinuance for any or all of the prizes offered herein. No more than the stated number of prizes will be awarded. In the event that production, technical, seeding, programming or any other reasons cause more than the stated number of prizes as set forth in these Official Rules to be available and/or claimed, Sponsor reserves the right to award only the stated number of prizes by a random drawing among all legitimate, un-awarded, eligible prize claims.
13. Disputes: Except where prohibited, by participating, entrant agrees that: (i) any and all disputes, claims and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Promotion or any prizes awarded shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, and exclusively by the United States District Court for the Eastern District of Michigan (Southern Division) or the appropriate Michigan State Court located in Oakland County, Michigan; (ii) any and all claims, judgments and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, including costs associated with entering this Promotion but in no event attorneys' fees; and (iii) under no circumstances will entrant be permitted to obtain awards for and entrant hereby waives all rights to claim indirect, punitive, incidental and consequential damages and any other damages, other than for actual out-of-pocket expenses, and any and all rights to have damages multiplied or otherwise increased. SOME JURISDICTIONS DO NOT ALLOW THE LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSION OF LIABILITY FOR INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, SO THE ABOVE MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of the entrant and Sponsor in connection with the Promotion, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the State of Michigan, without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules (whether of the State of Michigan or any other jurisdiction), which would cause the application of the laws of any jurisdiction other than the State of Michigan.
15. Winner List: For a winner list, visit http://bit.ly/z4tsp2. The winner list will be posted after winner confirmation is complete.
Box Tops for Education and associated words and designs are trademarks of General Mills, used with permission. ©2012 General Mills © 2012 ePrize, LLC. All rights reserved.