1. Eligibility: Trix Yogurt | Next Trix Kid (the "Instant Win Game") is open only to legal residents of the fifty (50) United States and the District of Columbia who are six (6) to ten (10) years of age at the time of entry and are not members of any professional actors' union. Void where prohibited. Employees, officers, affiliates, advertising and promotion agencies and judging organizations and representatives of General Mills Sales, Inc., ePrize, LLC, and its parent companies and subsidiaries, as well as the immediate family (spouse, parents, siblings and children) and household members of each such employee are not eligible. The Instant Win Game is subject to all applicable federal, state and local laws and regulations. Participation in the Instant Win Game constitutes entrant’s full and unconditional agreement to these Official Rules and Sponsor’s decisions, which are final and binding in all matters related to the Instant Win Game. Winning a prize is contingent upon fulfilling all requirements set forth herein. Information provided by entrants will be used solely for the purposes of the Instant Win Game and will be destroyed immediately after its conclusion in accordance with the requirements of the Children's Online Privacy Protection Act ("COPPA").
2. Sponsor: General Mills Sales, Inc., One General Mills Blvd, Minneapolis, MN 55440. Administrator: ePrize, LLC, One ePrize Drive, Pleasant Ridge, MI 48069.
3. Timing: The Instant Win Game consists of two (2) phases, a code collection phase ("Code Collection Phase") and a game phase ("Game Phase") as outlined in the chart below:
|Phase||Start Date||End Date|
|Game Phase||7/16/12 at 12:00 a.m. ET||9/27/12 at 11:59 p.m. ET|
4. How to Enter: NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. A PURCHASE WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING. MANY WILL ENTER AND PLAY, FEW WILL WIN. YOU MUST HAVE PERMISSION FROM YOUR PARENT OR LEGAL GUARDIAN PRIOR TO PARTICIPATION. You will need to obtain a code during the Code Collection Phase to play the Instant Win Game during the Game Phase. There are two (2) ways to obtain a code:a. Purchase Specially-Marked Packages of Trix Products: Beginning on July 16, 2012, purchase specially-marked packages of Yoplait Trix Yogurt from participating retailers until September 16, 2012, while supplies last. Locate the code on the product packaging and have it available when you visit the website listed below; or
5. ALL POTENTIAL WINNING PLAYS ARE SUBJECT TO VERIFICATION BY SPONSOR OR ADMINISTRATOR, WHOSE DECISIONS ARE FINAL AND BINDING. AN ENTRANT IS NOT A WINNER OF ANY PRIZE, EVEN IF THE INSTANT WIN GAME SHOULD SO INDICATE, UNLESS AND UNTIL ENTRANT’S ELIGIBILITY AND THE POTENTIAL WINNING PLAY HAS BEEN VERIFIED AND ENTRANT HAS BEEN NOTIFIED THAT VERIFICATION IS COMPLETE. SPONSOR WILL NOT ACCEPT SCREEN SHOTS OR OTHER EVIDENCE OF WINNING IN LIEU OF ITS VALIDATION PROCESS. ANY PLAY THAT OCCURS AFTER THE SYSTEM HAS FAILED FOR ANY REASON IS DEEMED A DEFECTIVE PLAY, IS VOID AND WILL NOT BE HONORED.
6. Instant Win Game Prize Selection and Verification of Potential Winners: All selected potential winners must comply with all terms and conditions of these Official Rules, and all winnings are contingent upon fulfilling all requirements. Administrator is an independent judging organization whose decisions as to the administration and operation of the Instant Win Game and the selection of potential winners are final and binding in all matters related to the Instant Win Game. There will be fifty-one (51) random, computer-generated winning times during the Game Phase. If you are the first player to play the Instant Win Game at or after one of the randomly-generated times, you will be a potential instant winner of the prize indicated. The parent/legal guardian of the potential Grand Prize winner will be required to sign and return a Declaration of Compliance, Liability and Publicity Release ("Declaration"), within seven (7) days of the date notice or attempted notice is sent, in order to claim the prize. If any potential winner cannot be contacted, does not have his/her parent/legal guardian return the Declaration within the required time period (if applicable), or if prize is returned as undeliverable, potential winner forfeits prize. In the event that a potential winner of any prize is disqualified for any reason, Sponsor will award the prize to an alternate winner by random drawing from among all remaining eligible entries. At least five (5) alternate drawings will be held after which the prize may, in Sponsor's sole discretion, remain un-awarded. Notwithstanding the foregoing, Sponsor shall use best efforts to award all prizes listed in these official rules. First Prizes will be fulfilled approximately 8-10 weeks after the conclusion of the Instant Win Game.
7. Prizes: ONE (1) GRAND PRIZE: A trip for winner and his/her parent/legal guardian to Chicago, IL and the opportunity to be featured in a non-union commercial. Trip package includes round trip, coach-class air transportation for two (2) from a major airport near winner’s home (determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion) to Chicago, IL; two (2) nights' accommodations at a hotel determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion (single room, double occupancy); ground transportation for length of stay; the opportunity for the winner to be featured in a commercial (all details of opportunity determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion); a Trix branded backpack and a Trix branded water bottle.; entertainment for two (2) nights (to be determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion); and a $1,050 to be provided in a form of Sponsor’s sole discretion that can be used toward meals and for spending money. Winner must travel on dates determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion between the months of October and December of 2012 or prize will be forfeited. Travel must be round trip. Sponsor will determine airline and flight itinerary in its sole discretion. No refund or compensation will be made in the event of the cancellation or delay of any flight. Travel and accommodations are subject to availability. Travel is subject to the terms and conditions set forth in this Instant Win Game, and those set forth by the Sponsor’s airline carrier of choice as detailed in the passenger ticket contract. All expenses and incidental travel costs not expressly stated in the package description above, including but not limited to, ground transportation, meals, incidentals, gratuities, passenger tariffs or duties, airline fees, surcharges, airport fees, service charges or facility charges, personal charges at lodging, security fees, taxes or other expenses are the responsibility solely of winner. Travel companion must be the winner’s parent/legal guardian and must be over the age of eighteen (18). Travel companion must execute liability/publicity releases prior to issuance of travel documents. Travel restrictions, conditions and limitations may apply. If in the judgment of Sponsor air travel is not required due to winner’s proximity to prize location, ground transportation will be substituted for round trip air travel at Sponsor’s sole discretion. Approximate Retail Value (“ARV”) of Grand Prize: $5,200. Actual value may vary based on airfare fluctuations and distance between departure and destination. Winner will not receive difference between actual and approximate retail value. FIFTY (50) FIRST PRIZES: A Trix prize pack including a Trix branded backpack and a Trix branded water bottle. ARV: $50. Odds of winning an Instant Win Prize depend on the number of prizes available divided by the number of eligible plays received during the Promotion Period. No substitution, assignment or transfer of any prizes permitted, except by Sponsor, who reserves the right to substitute a prize with another prize of equal or greater value. Winners are responsible for all federal, state and local taxes and fees associated with prize receipt and/or use. Prizes will be awarded “as is” with no warranty or guarantee, either express or implied, offered by Sponsor. TOTAL ARV OF ALL AVAILABLE PRIZES: $7,700. Limit: One (1) Instant Win Game prize per person.
8. Publicity: Except where prohibited, participation in the Instant Win Game constitutes each winner's consent to Sponsor's use of winner's name, likeness, photograph, voice, opinions, biographical information, hometown and state for promotional purposes in any media without further payment or consideration, but only to the extent allowed by COPPA.
9. General Conditions: Sponsor reserves the right to cancel or modify the Instant Win Game if fraud, technical failures or any other factor beyond Sponsor's reasonable control impairs the administration, security, fairness or proper play of the Instant Win Game, as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion. In such event, Sponsor reserves the right to award the prizes at random from among the eligible entries received up to the time of the impairment. Sponsor reserves the right in its sole discretion to disqualify any individual it finds to be tampering with the entry process or the operation of the Instant Win Game or to be acting in violation of these Official Rules or any other promotion, or in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner. ANY ATTEMPT BY ANY PERSON TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE ANY WEB SITE OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE INSTANT WIN GAME IS A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAW, AND, SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, SPONSOR RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK DAMAGES FROM ANY SUCH PERSON TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW. SPONSOR'S FAILURE TO ENFORCE ANY TERM OF THESE OFFICIAL RULES SHALL NOT CONSTITUTE A WAIVER OF THAT PROVISION.
10. Release: By receipt of any prize, entrant agrees to release and hold harmless General Mills Sales, Inc., ePrize, LLC, and any promotional partners, each of their parent, subsidiary, affiliate and related companies, and each of its and their respective officers, directors, employees, and agents (collectively the "Released Parties") from and against any losses, damages, rights, claim or cause of action of any kind arising, in whole or in part, directly or indirectly, out of participation in the Instant Win Game or resulting directly or indirectly, from acceptance, possession, use, or misuse of any prize awarded in connection with the Instant Win Game, including without limitation personal injury, death, and/or property damage, as well as claims based on publicity rights, defamation, and/or invasion of privacy.
11. Limitations of Liability: The Released Parties are not responsible for: (1) any incorrect or inaccurate information, whether caused by entrants, printing errors or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Instant Win Game; (2) technical failures of any kind, including, but not limited to malfunctions, interruptions, or disconnections in phone lines or network hardware or software; (3) unauthorized human intervention in any part of the entry process or the Instant Win Game; (4) technical or human error which may occur in the administration of the Instant Win Game or the processing of entries; or (5) any injury or damage to persons or property which may be caused, directly or indirectly, in whole or in part, from entrant’s participation in the Instant Win Game or receipt or use of any prize. If, for any reason, an entrant’s entry is confirmed to have been erroneously deleted, lost, or otherwise destroyed or corrupted, entrant’s sole remedy is another entry in the Instant Win Game; provided that if it is not possible to award another entry due to discontinuance of the Instant Win Game for any reason, Sponsor, in its sole discretion, may elect to hold a random drawing from among all eligible entries received up to the date of discontinuance for any or all of the prizes offered herein. No more than the stated number of prizes will be awarded. In the event that production, technical, seeding, programming or any other reasons cause more than the stated number of prizes as set forth in these Official Rules to be available and/or claimed, Sponsor reserves the right to award only the stated number of prizes by a random drawing among all legitimate, un-awarded, eligible prize claims.
12. Disputes: Entrant agrees that: (1) any and all disputes, claims and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Instant Win Game, or any prizes awarded, shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, and solely by the United States District Court for the Eastern District of Michigan (Southern Division) or the appropriate Michigan State Court located in Oakland County, Michigan; (2) any and all claims, judgments and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, including costs associated with entering this Instant Win Game but in no event attorneys' fees; and (3) under no circumstances will entrant be permitted to obtain awards for and entrant hereby waives all rights to claim punitive, incidental and consequential damages and any other damages, other than for actual out-of-pocket expenses, and any and all rights to have damages multiplied or otherwise increased. SOME JURISDICTIONS DO NOT ALLOW THE LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSION OF LIABILITY FOR INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, SO THE ABOVE MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of the entrant and Sponsor in connection with the Instant Win Game, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the State of Michigan, without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules (whether of the State of Michigan or any other jurisdiction), which would cause the application of the laws of any jurisdiction other than the State of Michigan.
14. Winner List: For a winner list, visit http://bit.ly/HH9yrj. The winner list will be posted after winner confirmation is complete.
© 2012 ePrize, LLC. All rights reserved.